Wednesday, July 12, 2017

AUTHOR INTERVIEW: Tina Brown


1.     Tell me about yourself. What got you started in writing?

Hi, I’m Tina Brown.  My pen name is TM Brown.  I live in Tampa.  My childhood was difficult and continued to haunt me in my adult life.  I began journaling which eventually lead to my first book: A Life Not My Own.

How do you schedule your writing time? When do you write?

I don’t schedule a specific time.  I write whenever my characters speak to me.  This can happen at any time, requiring that I search for something to write on.  I have notes written on napkins, hotel stationary, or anything that I can get my hands on.

How and where do you write? Do you prefer a laptop or some other method of getting your words down?  

I prefer to type my stories.  Often as the story unfolds, the hunting and pecking of the keys sounds like music to me.

What's your favorite part about writing? 

My favorite part of writing is discovering the story.  I never quite know what direction the story will take or when new characters will be introduced.  

Your least favorite part about writing?  

My least favorite part about writing is the patience required to complete a story. 

How did you come up with your book idea? How long did it take you to write your book?  

My books ideas are often a product of my personal experiences or of people that I know.  My goal is to write one book per year. 

Get the Book at Amazon

What types of marketing do you do to promote your writing?  

I promote my books on many social media platforms in addition to the local events that I participate in.

What are you currently working on? Do you have a new book out?  

My most current book is Tethered Angel, Part 2 of the award-winning Struggles of the Women Folk.   

Do you have a project on the back burner? Tell me about it. 

I am currently working on a not-too-far-in-the-future piece.  Again, there will be a female lead who after escaping from an abusive environment, finds herself in even more danger.

What would you tell a beginning writer who wants to publish but doesn't believe he/she has enough talent? 

Give it a try.  You never know what you can do until you try.

***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.